Permits & Building Codes
Permits for construction or modification of structures, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, signs and others, are issued through this department.
These are the codes the village have adopted into our Ordinance:
2015 IBC 2015 IRC
2015 IMC 2015 IFC
2015 IFGC 2015 IPMC
2014 NEC 2015 IECC
Current Illinois State Plumbing Code
There are some amendments to these codes. So to get the most accurate information please check our Ordinance or call the Building Department to have any questions answered.
Plan reviews are frequently required as well as associated requirements to process all permits.
Contractors working within the Village limits are required to be licensed, insured and bonded.
Failure of the contractor to properly obtain a complete permit package will result in the issuance of a citation and a fee adjustment.
- Home owner or contractor submits an application and documentation to the Building Department.
- Drawings are reviewed by the Building Department.
- Once plans are approved, the contractor must furnish proof of liability insurance, workers comp, surety bond and be licensed by the Village.
- Building permits are not issued until all contractors are licensed, bonded and insured.
- Process takes approximately 1 to 2 days for small residential projects.
- Re-submittals are reviewed in 1 to 2 days.
Don't forget - permits should be pulled prior to the start of any project.
The rule of thumb, call first to see if a permit is required.
It will cost you much less than if you start without a proper permit.
PERMITS are NOT required for the following:
- Cabinet installation that does not involve re-location, change in layout, or electrical work