Firefighter / Paramedic
Lansing Fire Department
Lansing, Illinois 60438
Phone: (708) 895-7400
Salary: $55,452- $83,097
Applications available March 19, 2018 through April 14, 2018 at the Municipal Center.
Applications must be complete and brought to orientation. Do not return them to the Municipal Center.
The Village of Lansing Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Probationary Firefighter / Paramedic.
Minimum qualifications include:
- U.S. Citizen.
- 21 years of age by April 21, 2018.
- Under the age of 35 at the time of final eligibility posting. This age limitation does not apply to current or previously employed full-time Firefighter / Paramedics from municipalities within the State of Illinois (All other requirements apply).
- Valid CPAT card due at orientation. CPAT card considered valid only if dated between April 21, 2017 and April 21, 2018. Applicants who do not have a valid CPAT card should contact MABAS 24 @ www.MABAS24.org (708) 607-2728 for testing dates.
- Applicants shall be certified as Illinois Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic (EMT-P) at the time of application. Applicants must maintain and provide proof of their certification at orientation and original appointment.
- Residency in the Village of Lansing within six months after the probationary period.
- Successful completion of all phases of testing process.
$55,452 plus benefits.
Application packets are available at the:
Village of Lansing Municipal Center
3141 Ridge Rd.
Lansing, Illinois 60438
Monday-Friday 9:00am to 5:00 pm & Saturday 9:00am-12:00pm.
There is a non-refundable fee of $25.00 for the application packet.
A mandatory Orientation session will be held at the Eisenhower Center, 2550 178th Street, on April 21 at 11:30 am, followed by the written examination at 1:00pm.
Oral Examinations for applicants who pass the written examination are scheduled to be held during the evenings of the week of May 7, 2018.
Applicants wishing to purchase a study guide or practice test to assist in the testing process can do so at https://secure1.cpshr.us/CRC3/default.aspx?ID=SOP45798. For technical support doing so, please contact: (916) 471-3538. Only available through April 21, 2018.
For more information contact:
Board of Fire and Police Commissioners at (708) 895-7200.
The Village of Lansing is an Equal Opportunity Employer