The new water/sewer rates for 2017 have been finalized effective January 1, 2017. They are based upon the Consumer Price Index (CPI) or 3% whichever is less per Village Ordinance 05-027. The CPI for the 2016 year was 1.3%.
The new water rate is:
$5.24( increase of $ 0.07)
Over 1,000,000 gallons is: $4.19 (increase of $0.06)
The sewer rate is $ 0.87 (increase of $ 0.01)
The Village garbage and refuse collection rates are as follows
- $76.20 per quarter, for all single family dwellings
- $55.74 per quarter, for all single family dwellings owned and occupied by a Senior Citizen, conditional upon proof of age (65 years and older) and property ownership.
- $76.20 per quarter, per unit, for all duplexes.
(Water Bills are mailed quarterly)
To review rates in nearby communities, see the water rate survey chart.
Each homeowner is required to pay a deposit fee in person at the Village Clerk's office, 3141 Ridge Rd. Lansing, IL:
- Residential / Single family deposit $100.00
- Business and Apartment Owners 8 units or less $150.00
- Industrial & Apartments OVER 8 units $200.00
Pay By Phone option NOW AVAILABLE!
The Village of Lansing will now accept water utility bill payments by phone!
Please call: (877) 690-3729 and use Jurisdiction Code 2362 (this number is unique for Lansing).
You must know your water account number.
VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted. The user will absorb the convenience fee of $1.00 or 2.35%.
There is an option for English or Spanish. Payments will post to your water account same day or next business day in most cases.