All contractors doing work in the Village of Lansing must be licensed and bonded with the Village or state (proof of state licensed required) prior to starting work. Permits will not be issued unless all contractors noted on the permit are licensed and bonded.
And, of course, our answer is that you should check with the Building Department. Our Building Code specifically states that, “A permit shall be obtained before beginning construction, alteration, or repair …,” and this covers just about everything. However, for your own protection and best interest, it is always a good rule to check with the Building Department.
- Contractors Application
- 2017 Small Permit Application
- 2017 Large Permit Application
- 2017 Garage Permit Application
- 2017 Vacant Property Registration
- 2017 Sign Permit Application
- 2017 Demolition Application