Warmer weather means more outdoor activities--and also makes practicing exit drills from your home easy. Don't have a fire safety escape plan for your home? Making one is easy! Here's how:
- Draw a map of your home that shows all doors and windows and figure out your plan with everyone you live with.
- Identify two ways out of every room.
- Choose a meeting place outside where everyone in the home will meet in case of a fire.
- Practice your escape plan in daytime and nighttime, at least twice a year.
- Teach children how to escape if an adult can't help them.
- Practice different ways to get out of the home.
For more information, go to https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education or click here.
Enjoy the warmer weather, and stay safe!
For questions or non-emergency requests, please phone the Lansing Fire Department at 708-895-7400. Our office hours are still 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
As always, for any emergency, please dial 911.