Full-time application process is open
The Lansing Fire Department is seeking full-time firefighter/paramedics.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a United States citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalence
- Be 21 years of age by Sep. 7, 2019 and under 35 years of age at application and by the time the final eligibility list is posted
- Be certified as Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter and as an EMT-Paramedic
- Have a valid CPAT card (dated between Sep. 7, 2018 and Sep. 7, 2019)
- Have a valid driver's or chauffer's license
- Be willing to relocate to Lansing by 18 months after hiring.
For more information, or to apply, see our online application information and packet here.
For questions regarding the application process, please call our offices at 708-895-7400. Our office hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Thank you for your interest in the Lansing Fire Department.